Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Battery Woes

I have not had great luck with batteries recently. My troubles started when I took a hard landing and my rear arm broke resulting in a prop strike to my battery pack, see below.



Next problem I encountered was when I was doing my preflight and discovered that the battery in my transmitter was dead. Apparently the transmitter was switched on in the case and this drained the battery all the way to zero causing it to puff up, see below. At this point both batteries are toast. I had thought that the transmitter had a safety feature that would cut power if the battery got too low, but I guess not.


In order to prevent this in the future I am going to do two things. One, I will relocate the quad battery to the bottom of the quad. Two, I will always unplug the transmitter battery after flying. Looks like I need to write pre-flight and post-flight checklists...



No comments:

Post a Comment