Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Build Part 3

Regulator and Camera Installation


This part is pretty easy. I wired up the regulator as per the schematic in The Build Part 1, seen in the picture below mounted on the top plate. I then wired up the video transmitter and video camera. The regulator is set to 8V (the set screw was hot glued in place so it doesn't move during a crash). 

Camera and behind that regulator mounted on top plate

To mount the camera you unscrew the lens and tightening nut. Then you insert the lens through the mounting hole and screw it back into the camera. The tricky part is you have to get the focus adjusted so that the tightening screw will actually be tight against the mount and the camera will be focused. I thought I had my camera focused, but it was only focused in my apartment. Once I got outside anything beyond 50 - 75 feet was blurry and this made it very uncomfortable to watch. Wiring the camera to the video transmitter was pretty easy. the yellow wire from the camera (video out) and the yellow wire from the video transmitter were soldered together, and that was it!


See the Ballooning Cost post for the Quad Bill of Materials (BOM) if you want to know what any of the parts are.

No comments:

Post a Comment